RSSbar version 3.2
RSSbar is freeware and made by TOKIWA to aggregate RSS feeds in the tool bar of Internet Explorer, which displays and scrolls title after title of the feed automatically.
Compatible operating systems
- You need to install "Microsoft .NET framework" except on Vista.
- Displays and scrolls title after title of the feed in the tool bar automatically.
- Click on the title and jump to the page to read the detail.
- You can change the feed(channel) through pull-down menu of the button of RSSbar.
- You can subscribe to new feed by drag-and-droping the RSS-link to the config panel.
- You can set scroll speed, title number to display, interval to update the feed.
- "Random Channel" is supported, which change the feed to dispaly at certain interval automatically.
- OPML file can also be imported.
Click on "Setup.exe" in the folder and follow the instruction.
How to use
- Launch IE(Internet Explorer) and click on "View->ToolBar->RSSbar", then RSSbar will appear as a new tool bar.
If it doesn't, just drag the handle at the right end of existing tool bar to the location wherever you want.
- Click on the button at the left end of RSSbar, then default channel list will show up as pull-down menu, select whatever channel(feed) you want to get titles of.
- Titles of the selected channel will scroll from right to left automatically in RSSbar, so click on the title you want to read detail, then you can jump to the page.
- On IE7, channel will change eachtime you change tab, so you can select different channel on each tab.
- Next time you launch IE, the channel you selected last time will already be selected.
- You can subscribe to channel(feed) through config dialog by drag-and-dropping RSS-link into the panel in config dialog.
- In "tree view" in the panel, which displays all channels you already subscribed to, you can move channel-node to under any genre by dragging the node.
- Through config dialog, you can set scroll speed, title number to display, interval to update feed, and activate "Random Channel".
- "Checked channels only" in Random Channel means changing cahnnels among only checked channels in tree view.
- Channel list of RSS feed is saved as OPML file in the "Application folder" of the user, so you can import the file to other RSS aggregator.
You can uninstall RSSbar with "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel.
- Copyright(C)2008, TOKIWA All rights reserved.
- Redistribution and use in binary forms are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- - Neither the name of TOKIWA nor the names of its contributors may be used
to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific
prior written permission.
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
||Any donation would help us go on making good freeware!
- 2005/5/13 v1.0 first version
- 2005/5/31 v1.1 made it quickly dispaly menu, fixed bugs on multiple urls
- 2005/6/11 v2.0 supported ATO(v0.3), new feature to save and import OPML, drag and drop feed url, tree view of channel list, set scroll speed and interval to update
- 2005/6/14 v2.1 added "void(no display)" in menu. new feature to save config param in XML, to save last-selected channel and random channel.
- 2005/6/21 v2.2 added channel discription under tree view, and tips in statusbar
- 2008/2/29 v3.0 support IE7 and Vista
- 2008/4/9 V3.2 channel selection in random channel, improved UI, fixed bugs in which IE freezes at channel change